To our Canadian Friends skiing/riding at Frost Fire.
We are fortunate that most of the border officials understand the skier visit pattern at FROSTFIRE and in almost all cases are helpful.To Make your entry into the Northern border of North Dakota as smooth as possible follow a few important hints:
1. There are several border crossings you may enter through. The closest to Frost Fire is Winkler/Walhalla border crossing. It opens at 8AM and closes at 10 PM. Just east of the Winkler/Walhalla border crossing is Gretna/Neche border crossing which opens at 8 AM and closes at 10 PM . Perhaps the most popular border crossing is Pembina border crossing, Pembina ND. Follow Highway #75 south of Winnipeg, Manitoba, cross at the Pembina Customs, continue south to the first exit #215, turn west and follow county #55 to Walhalla and west again on #55 seven miles to FROSTIRE.
2. Before leaving home make sure you have photo identification, driver's license or other legal proof of who you are. If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you must have an authorized passport. Donít try to cross without proper I.D., especially if you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen.
3. Have your I.D.s ready and out when you arrive at the border crossing. Donít wait for the border official to ask for this. Everyone will be asked. If you have proper I.D. and itís quickly and readily available for the officials, the entry will be quicker. Be forthcoming about the fact you are coming skiing at Frost Fire and indicate how long you plan to be in the U.S. If itís just for the day state this and if itís overnight state where you plan to stay and when you will be returning.
4. Do not attempt to bring illegal drugs or firearms or weapons of any kind into the U.S. unless you are properly licensed for such things. You will be stopped and perhaps arrested if you try to do so in an unauthorized manner.
5. If you have a criminal record or other illegal offenses that prohibit you from entering the U.S., donít try to enter. All visitors will be checked and it will only delay others in your party if you try to enter illegally.
6. The U.S. and Canadian border authorities are well staffed to handle the current state of readiness.