To our Canadian Friends skiing/riding at Frost Fire.
To make your entry into the Northern border of North Dakota as smooth as possible follow a few important hints:
1. There are several border crossings you may enter through. The closest to Frost Fire is Winkler/Walhalla border crossing. It opens at 8AM and closes at 10 PM. Just east of the Winkler/Walhalla border crossing is Gretna/Neche border crossing which opens at 8 AM and closes at 10 PM . Perhaps the most popular border crossing is Pembina border crossing, Pembina ND. Follow Highway #75 south of Winnipeg, Manitoba, cross at the Pembina Customs, continue south to the first exit #215, turn west and follow county #55 to Walhalla and west again on #55 seven miles to FROSTFIRE.
2. Before leaving home make sure you have your authorized passport. Do not try to cross without a passport.
3. Have your passport ready and out when you arrive at the border crossing. Don't wait for the border official to ask for this. Everyone will be asked. If you have the proper paperwork and it's quickly and readily available for the officials, the entry will be quicker. Be forthcoming about the fact you are coming skiing at Frost Fire and indicate how long you plan to be in the U.S. If it's just for the day state this and if it's overnight state where you plan to stay and when you will be returning.
4. Do not attempt to bring illegal drugs or firearms or weapons of any kind into the U.S. unless you are properly licensed for such things. You will be stopped and perhaps arrested if you try to do so in an unauthorized manner.
5. If you have a criminal record or other illegal offenses that prohibit you from entering the U.S., don't try to enter. All visitors will be checked and it will only delay others in your party if you try to enter illegally.
6. The U.S. and Canadian border authorities are well staffed to handle the current state of readiness.
Please be aware of changing conditions natural and man made.
Trails and Slops vary constantly with weather conditions and skier use.